It's that time of the year when we start to embrace stews, fruit crumbles and soups. Long gone are the crunchy Summer salads, now Chez Spratt we are all about food we can eat in bowl and dunk hearty hunks of bread in. If you enjoy going on long Autumnal walks, on your own or with your family then why not grab a thermos and take some soup for a warm treat or for something with a bit more wow factor what about making this Goats cheese tarte tatin ?
This recipe is made easy by replacing roasting garlic in the oven with the nifty Roasted garlic and Parsely variety of Oxo Herbs & More. For those of you who haven't discovered Oxo Herbs & More yet, they are flavour reductions, conveniently sealed into little pots for freshness.
2 x 20g Oxo Herbs & More - garlic & parsley
200 g frozen peas
2 tablespoons of freshly grated Parmesan
200 ml water
- Cook the peas in boiling salted water. Drain and blend.
- Add the butter, Parmesan, both the Oxo Herbs & More garlic & parsley tubs and half the water. Blend to a creamy puree.
- Pour into a saucepan and add the remaining water.
- Heat gently, season and enjoy!!
- Non veggies might like to tear up some ham to stir in, or crisp up a rasher of bacon to crumble on top - my children go made for this soup with ham stirred in.
- Delicious served with some decent, warm, freshly baked bread.