Giving away one million photos
1,000,000 is a huge number. In fact it's around 68 photos every day for 40 years. Intense. Immense.
Doing what I love the most and giving something to other people. A legacy of sorts. Also a huge prompt to get really organised with my photo storage. Honestly I am so lame at organising my photos, my Dropbox has random folders and file names that make no sense - literally. Makes it super hard to find anything.
How it works
All photos will the shared in batches on millionphotos.org. Each batch will contain a link to a collection on my Unsplash profile where all the images in the batch can be downloaded, for free, to use in any personal or commercial project.
- Create a folder on my MacBook, add the photos to it.
- Rename the photos numerically.
- Create folder in Dropbox (with a proper description!)
- Add the photos for the batch.
- Upload the photos to Unsplash.com
- Upload the photos to millionphotos.org, automatically sending out a notification to subscribers.
- Remove folder from MacBook
Millionphotos.org is hosted viaExposure.co. I researched options and for me it felt the best bet as I wanted a solution that could handle a lot of photos speedily, was very easy to use, somewhere I can't be distracted by numerous templates or themes and looked good.
If you like, you can subscribe via millionphotos.org to notifications of new batches.
I'm super excited to start this - head over to Million Photos to see the first batches!