Like many others I watched the recent Great British Bake Off for Comic Relief series. Between you and me I have a bit of a girl crush on Mary Berry but let’s keep that on the low rise shall we? I don’t have an oven so baking for me is out of the question so I’ve turned to fudge to give a little Red Nose Day themed idea that’s easy to make should you be seeking inspiration for a bake sale or fundraiser. And not just my recipe – oh no – it’s a right royal fudge fest below with 8 other fudge ideas to whet your appetite!
350g Golden Granulated Caster Sugar
300ml Double cream
Natural Red Food Colouring ( I used 3 caps fulls)
100g White chocolate, finely chopped
80g bar of MilkyBar, roughly chopped
Grease a round sandwich tin and melt the butter in a large saucepan.
When the butter has melted add the sugar and stir until dissolved.
Turning up the heat to high add the cream and stir. It will bubble and froth away- just keep stirring for around 5 minutes until the mixture thickens.
Remove the mixture from the heat and add in the finely chopped white chocolate and beat together.
Add the red food colouring a little bit at a time until you get the red colour that you desire – I used the cap!
Leave to cool for 5 minutes.
Pour a third of the fudge mix into the greased tin.
Sprinkle over the Milkybar chunks and the pour the remaining fudge mix on top!
Leave to cool for a further 10 minutes and then clingfilm and refrigerate.
Your fudge will be ready to eat in a couple of hours – leaving it overnight works best.
- Milk Chocolate Shortbread Fudge c/o A Mummy Too
- Gin and Lemon fudge c/o Make Fudge Not War
- Strawberries and cream fudge c/o The Velvet Moon Baker
- Whiskey and ginger fudge c/o Make fudge Not War
- Tia Maria Chocolate Fridge cake c/o Me and my Shadow
- Scots Tablet c/o Mortgage Free in Three
- White Chocolate Fudge c/o Domestic Goddesque
- Crunchie and Malteaser Milk chocolate Fudge c/o Make Fudge Not War